Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday - YAY!

Happy Monday! Wow! I have been pretty busy the past couple of days and this week is going to be really busy...well, busy as far as I'm concerned. These days if I have more than one thing on my daily agenda I feel busy. Today I'm doing odd and end things preparing for the week. I have bible study tomorrow morning, then a PET scan - Wednesday I am participating in an early morning breakfast ministry (pray for me - I'm not a morning person!), shopping with my coupons and then Oasis service at GFBC and of course, closing down the Chick!

Things slow down Thursday - it's treatment day again with the added appointment with the doc to get my PET results. After that my week is basically over until I recover from the chemo cocktail.

COUPONS! On our first outing involving serious couponing, Steve and I had a total savings of $39.55! I know that is a long way from the Extreme Coupon-ers, but I was pretty excited about it.

SCRIPTURE! "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you. If I were to speak and tell of them there would be too many to declare!" I just typed that from memory! If you know how chemo brain effects my brain you might just be pretty impressed with this accomplishment! I will start tomorrow working to memorize another scripture.

STEVE! He has been busy converting our old bedroom into a den. He tore out closets and has painted. My job has been to keep Gracie out of the paint. He also made me homemade waffles yesterday. I am a blessed woman!

"I cried out with a troubled heart and Justice heard my cry, oh Jesus, he heard the groaning of my soul. Jesus, no one higher, no one greater, no name sweeter, than Jesus the hope of glory for my soul. I owed a debt that I could never pay and mercy set me free. Oh Jesus suffered that I might be made whole." These are the words of a song that was just playing on the radio. I felt pressed to record them here. Perhaps this is a word that someone reading this needs to hear, perhaps it was just so that I would concentrate on each word being said. Nonetheless, it was nourishing to my soul and I hope it touched you as well.

Now I must get busy with the rest of my day. There is banana bread to bake (YUM!) and I need to tackle my desktop...I think there is piece of furniture under there somewhere.

I hope you enjoy a God-filled day! If you don't know Jesus, the source of my peace, joy and comfort, please contact me. I would love to tell you about Him!


Peace!
AmyLou

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy reading your updates. You are such an inspiration. You are such a blessing. I pray for you daily. God uses you to teach me many lessons my friend. Love you, Wendy Hallmark

    ReplyDelete