Monday, October 22, 2012

The Results Are In

I got the results from my PET scan today.  I have thought about these results all day, processing them, running them through my mind, but most importantly my heart.  In my mind the information is broken down into facts, number of tumors, size of tumors, etc.  My mind understands that at least one tumor has grown and that they may have increased in number.  On the positive side my mind also understands that the drug combo is still working.  We will continue on this plan for a while longer.  There is no need to switch to another plan just yet.

My heart processes things in a different way.  All this information goes through my "faith filter".  How does this information change my love for God?  How does this change God's love for me?  It doesn't!!  My God is still God and He is still on the throne!  It doesn't change any of the promises He has for me.

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.
Nahum 1:7

So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right had.  Isaiah 41:10

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.  Proverbs 18:10

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him.  Psalm 62:1

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  Psalm 91:4

I could do this all day!


So...to wrap it up all neat:

Did the doctor have good news...not really.

Did God have good news...oh yeah, baby!

And I know which one has my attention!

I KNOW WHO HOLDS MY TOMORROWS!

~AmyLou


No comments:

Post a Comment