Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Life as an Etch-a-Sketch

I am thankful for God's grace.

I alone can do nothing, be nothing.

Grace- the undeserved gift I receive daily.  By confessing and repenting of my sins, God pours on another helping of grace.

My daily walk is like an Etch-a-Sketch.  I start out making deliberate, thoughtful moves, thinking only how I want to please God.  Then something goes wrong, maybe hurt feelings, maybe laziness or selfishness and soon my Etch-a-Sketch is marked with lines I hadn't planned to make.  Scribble-scrabble lines that I know are not the marks of the plan God has for me.  Deeply ashamed of the mess I have made (again) I reluctantly hand my mess over to God.  I'm such an awful sinner and just can't see how God could still have patience with me.  I await words that convey His disappointment in me.  But God gently turns my Etch-a-Sketch over in His hands and says, "Here my child, try again."

Thank you God for your never ending grace and mercy.  I ask that you direct each step I take, capture my thoughts and let them be pleasing to you.  Use any talent I may have to share your love with a hurting world.  Keep my thoughts off me and on you.  Your grace is truly amazing!  I am in awe of your patience with me.


~AmyLou

No comments:

Post a Comment