Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ending, Beginning or Middle - Part 2

Yesterday's post ended with verse 7 of Psalm 116.  "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you"

That is quickly becoming a favorite verse for me.  Breathe it in deep, let it feel every cell of your being.  It feels like being served warm cocoa with extra marshmallows.

I'm so excited to share these thoughts with you.  God's word is so alive and I just get all revved up to talk about Him.  So, here we go!

March 7, 2013
Psalm 116: 8

8. For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death,   Until Christ's triumphant return we will all have a physical death.  But Jesus has delivered us from the death of our soul.  The body is temporary - the really important part is the soul.  my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling. As my body weakens there are so many tears and stumblings, but God is faithful.. He will not abandon me, He is always there to steady my step.

12.  How can I repay the Lord for the goodness He has shown to me? His peace, strength and provision through this struggle has never wavered.  Even when my faith faltered He remained faithful.   It is a debt I could never repay.  

 13. I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.  14.  I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.  As an answer to the question in verse 12, this is how God wants to be "repaid" for His goodness to me.  He wants me to worship Him, praise Him and speak of Him to all people. It is my hope that I fulfill the vows that I made as a new Christian.  God desires my worship and praise.  I will speak His name to all people!

15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.  Ok, I had to do some thinking on this verse.  I had to look up several commentaries.  According to my study notes it means the death of his saints are "carefully watched over".  Barnes' commentary says "the act of removing a servant from the world is an act of deep deliberation on the part of God and not taken lightly."  Woo! Does that hit anybody else like it does me?  I guess I've always thought since God is all knowing that our death was really no big deal to him.  It happens so often, every day, all over the world.  I kind of pictured it like the check out at a grocery store.  As we leave earth we are put on the conveyor belt thing and roll our way to the front where we get scanned.
beep...beep...beep...beep.  Sorry, if that was insensitive.  Does anybody thing about things the same way I do?  

I hope you've enjoyed this peek into my devotional journal.  It is my intention to post as often as I can.  There will be days that I will not feel up to the task.  Thanks for taking this journey with me.


Blessings abound, just look around!
AmyLou

No comments:

Post a Comment