Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's All Small Potatoes

I sit here this morning with amazement at how God moves in all things.  The big, fat, hairy, scary things and the little bitty things.  He is in all of them.  In preparation to post I gathered the necessities.  My bible, laptop, iPad (because truthfully, I can't do anything without my iPad), cup of coffee, my $5 reading glasses and the notes I had written several days ago.  Those notes were going to become today's post.  But God has other plans for today.  I believe the notes are still relevant and God willing, I will share them another day.

A couple of verses jumped in my lap this morning and decided to sit awhile.  They are familiar verses and I have become friendly with them over the past four years.  Today they changed their tone a little and came at me from The Message translation.  I have made a hobby out of comparing translations and it is quite the eye opening activity.  Anywho, I'm going to save you the trouble of finding The Message translation and share it with you right down here....

2 Corinthians 4: 16-18


"So we're not giving up.  How could we!  Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace.  These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us.  There's far more here than meets the eye.  The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow.  But the things we can't see now will last forever."


We all have problems, issues, situations...crises!  No matter the size of the problem, if we have allowed God to come into our life, He is doing a mighty work through our issues. If you are going through something, God is making something new in your life.  Life on earth is hard.  Eternal life is glorious.

I read the book, "Heaven is For Real", about the little boy who went to heaven and then came back to his earthly home.  He described how everything was better and how the colors were brighter.   Imagine the most beautiful day you've experienced here and then magnify it by eternity!  Think of the brightest birds in red, yellow and blue and then turn up the volume.  Think of the worst heartache you have ever experienced and remember that eternity with God will make that pain fill like small potatoes compared to His glory!

Today I hope you find God's grace and mercy in all the big and small potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment