Thursday, August 11, 2011

Running

I came across a familiar verse during my study time this morning. I felt inspired to write about it. I was writing it for myself but was encouraged to share it on my blog...so here it goes!

"Let us run the race that is before us and never give up." Hebrews 12:1


Sometimes I am weary from the race that seems so long,
The time spent weak and crying, begging again to be made strong.

Why are some untouched by the sickness of this child,
Their life seems so carefree, their troubles only mild.

Am I paying for past sins from when my heart was cold?
When God wanted to guide me, but I refused and tightened my hold?

I know this world is a fallen one, full of sin and grief and pain,
But I also know that God forgives us and for this His Son was slain.

Because of His love for us, God gave His only Son,
So if this is the race chosen for me, then this is the race I will run.


No comments:

Post a Comment