Monday, August 15, 2011

I have something cool I want to share today, but as a logged on I realized I haven't done a medical update. So, first things first. I had a PET scan last Tuesday. I have this scan every three months to check on those nasty tumors that have taken up residence in my lungs. This scan shows if the tumors have changed in size and if the cancer has spread to another part of my body.

Steve and I went Thursday for the results. Our prayer before these results is always that God will give us the strength and courage to handle the results whatever they may be and that through it all we will continue to give God the glory. The results were not what we wanted to hear. The tumors have grown, but praise God the cancer has not spread elsewhere. After talking things over with the doc, it was decided that it is time for me to go to a different treatment plan. I've been given a break until September to give my body time to regain strength before hitting it with bigger guns. On September 7, I will begin a regimen of 48 straight hours of chemo every other week and just like the last plan, we will continue for as long as it works.

OK....now on to more fun stuff! Sometimes people tell me how "good" or how "wonderful" I look and I have a "glow" about me. I know they are not talking of a physical beauty. I've gained over 80 pounds, have thinning gray hair and about a glabillion freckles on my face! A beauty queen I am not! What I hope people are seeing in me is the glory of God. Instead of saying thanks I try to say "to God's glory"! Please do not read into this that I feel "holier than thou" or that I think I have it all figured out. I have realized that without Christ I am nothing. Life is not about a career, a house or where I attend church. Life is about focusing on Jesus and knowing that without Him I would be as lost at a goat!

When we truly give our lives over to God he fills us with His glory, but it's not a one time fill up. If you continue to focus on Him, continue to look to His Word for guidance and continue to praise Him he will continue to fill you with His glory! Woohoo!!!

In 2 Corinthians 2:7-18, Paul is talking about the glory of the New Covenant. I encourage you to read it because it is really cool. In verses 18 "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." Man, I love the Word - it just blows me away!

What if we spent as much time seeking God as we do worrying about our appearance?

I've always appreciated when someone tells me I look nice, but what an awesome thing it is for someone to tell you they can see the Glory of God on your face! Imagine if the whole world focused on God and because of that we all reflected an ever-increasing glory! Then Max Factor and all those other cosmetic companies wouldn't have to airbrush pictures of their models!

Alright, I'm going to sign off now and enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!

AmyLou



No comments:

Post a Comment