Sunday, July 24, 2011

Vacation

I have just returned from a wonderful vacation with my sisters and their families. We had a great time and enjoyed spending some much needed time together. The only way it could have been better is if my husband unit, our offspring and ruler of the house (Gracie) could have gone. Steve doesn't vacation during the summer, Allie has another trip planned and Andrew is still in Japan. Gracie couldn't vacation with us because I am the only "dog-person" in my family.

We had relaxing days and ate some scrumptious meals at night. Some meals were in local restaurants, some were made by the cooks in our family (not me, of course). One afternoon we were entertained by Leah and Lizzy making homemade cinnamon rolls with maple icing. This was a first for them so they wanted to follow the recipe exactly. Unfortunately, I think the recipe made like 60 cinnamon rolls. It will be awhile before I want another cinnamon roll.

Steve and Gracie were glad to see me when I came home. They were jumping up and down and licking my face...well, one of them was anyway. :-)

I've got some projects on my agenda this week. I will post on my progress.

Later!

AmyLouLou

No comments:

Post a Comment