Monday, July 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I spent this Monday after vacation getting back in the swing of things. I made a list of things I wanted to get done today. I accomplished most of the things on my list. I'm pretty forgetful so my list is very detailed. One of the items was to make a picture of our mailbox flower garden. This is one of my favorite spots each year. This is the only color in our front yard. Steve likes to plant all sorts of flowers all over the back yard and around the pool, but he likes the front lawn to be green, as in grass, lots and lots of grass. No flower gardens, except for this one around our mailbox. I learned a long time ago to choose my battles and since Steve buys, plants, waters and weeds our gardens, I choose not to make this a battle. He can plant whatever he wants, wherever he wants as long as all I have to do is enjoy them. My only disappointment with his decisions was the loss of our pom-pass (sp?) grass. Several years ago we had a huge, beautiful pom-pass grass by our back steps. It was my favorite plant. Steve hated it! He claimed it attracted yellow jackets or some nonsense like that. Well, I took a trip to the beach and guess what I saw when I returned....an empty spot where my beautiful grass had been! Oh well, nothing I could really say about it then - the damage was done.

I ventured outside to have my TAWG (Time Alone With God) this morning. It was very muggy! An occasional light breeze was definitely on my thank you list to God this morning. I was hoping we would see some rain to cool things down a bit, but so far no rain here.

The grocery store needs to be on my To Do list for tomorrow, but I'm not sure that will happen. I'm a couponer (not extreme like on TV), so I have to go through all the coupons that came in while I was out of town and check all the sale ads before I can hit the stores. So it may happen tomorrow - maybe not.

RODNEY BRAKEFIELD - A godly man. I grew up with Rodney, we went to the same small church and attended the same schools. Rodney fought a long and courageous battle against cancer. God relieved him of his suffering on Saturday. His smile and good cheer will be missed by many. I know that Rodney is worshiping in heaven tonight. Rodney, we will worship together again!





No comments:

Post a Comment