Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dreamy Day

I woke up this morning shaking the cobwebs from my head. I had a really rough night last night so I resorted to a pretty strong sleeping pill around 1 a.m. It's one of those drugs they advertise on TV and warn that you can do things such as drive a car and not realize you are doing it! So on mornings like this I joke with myself. If you were a fly on the wall you might hear me say something like, "Hey, Huguley, did you know you are walking down the hall?" or "Huguley, do you know you just put on a purple shirt with green pants?"

Hey, it's usually pretty quiet here in the mornings, so I have to do something to get things going...and I like to freak Grace out too.

I can't really go into detail about what I did today before the cobwebs scattered, but I do know the day has been a good one. I had my TAWG (time alone with God) and was given my strength for the day. Gracie and I took a walk down the street - killing two birds with one stone - I'm suppose to walk and get vitamin D (sunshine) everyday. I fixed myself some lunch. A dish that was so pleasing to the taste and to the sight, that I made a picture of it. If I figure out how to post pictures I will share it with you.

The aroma of the fresh fruit and veggies in my kitchen empowered me to make a cake! from scratch! I will pause here for you to gather yourself...... Not only did I bake a cake but I had to shell real pecans and slice real apples! It's always been a secret dream of mine to be a domestic goddess. Today I got to pretend I am! While my cake baked, I sat on the deck and cross-stitched until time to cook supper.

This day may seem mundane or just down right awful to some folks, but it was just one step lower than heaven for me. These are things I've always loved to do, but because of a heavy work schedule and busy children I never had the time or the energy.

The chance to spend as much time as I want with my Lord and Savior, enjoying the gifts of His sunshine and food and having a chance to bake a cake or cook supper for my wonderful family. Those are the things MY dreams are made of.

The only thing that could have made my day better was to have Andrew home. It's been 5 months since he left for Japan. I keep reminding myself that I gave birth to my children so they would have life, their own life...even if it is so, so far away.

I'm turning the page on this day. I hope I have lived it according to God's plan.

May you know the love, the peace and saving grace of our Father!

AmyLou

No comments:

Post a Comment