Thursday, November 4, 2010

Americana

Good morning from my kitchen table! I think the dreariness of winter has come to stay for awhile. As I look out my window I see my own piece of Americana - a row of discarded halloween pumpkins at a neighbors house and in the distance the American flag in the yard of another neighbor. The scene may not make it to the front of a Southern Living magazine, but it is a pleasing sight to me, just the same.

Today is a treatment day for me. It's a mixed bag of nuts. I enjoy seeing my friends at the cancer center and look forward to catching up on what's been going on with them. I'm sure I will get to talk about how awesome God is with LeeAnn - always the highlight of my visit. I've started a new healthy eating plan - more on that later - and it is changing the way I feel - physically and mentally. I'm looking forward to discussing those changes with some of the nurses.

Then there is always the down side - the drugs they will pump in me will make me feel yucky and sad for several days. I am hoping the new eating plan will help me better manage the next few days.

Well, time to get started with the day. I hope you enjoy your own piece of Americana today!

"But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children." Psalm 103:17

No comments:

Post a Comment