Thursday, September 5, 2013

BRIGHT DAYS.

Monday was nine hours of grueling chemotherapy along with two painful allergic reactions. It was a long day and I was so happy to crawl into my own bed and relax. While the day was unpleasant and I know the next five to six days could be worse, there are also bright spots in my days.

The hours at the cancer center are filled with bright spots right there in the middle of all the unpleasantness. As i lay in my bed I reflect on those bright spots. Most of these pleasant memories are clad in scrubs and funky looking shoes. The nurses are compassionate, loving, and concerned. But best of all, they know that I don't take things too seriously, so they joke around with me. The laughs are not only helping me, but it helps them too.

I also have friends and family that brighten my days. Each in a different ways, but all just as bright.

This is not a fancy blog post as I'm still in bed. But I wanted to let everyone know how thankful I am that God has given me the gift of days and the gift of friends to share them with.

AmyLou

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration and blessing to me...thank you for sharing your beautiful spirit and attitude...God bless you!

    ReplyDelete