Thursday, November 15, 2012

Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

I am working on a new project that makes me really excited!  It is not quite ready to be unveiled yet, but hopefully very soon.  It seems strange to me to begin something new.  I have been told several times that I would not be walking the earth by this time.  So to start something new almost feels rebellious...and I like it!!

I am quickly approaching the four year mark on my cancer diagnosis.  At this time four years ago I was feeling weak but didn't know why.  Now I know.  Hindsight is 20/20.

Two and a half years ago I was told that cancer would win, that I was dying.  We came home and started "closing up shop".  I worked for as long as I could, then reluctantly, closed that door too.

Each holiday has approached and passed with my thought, "is this the last one?"  It is mentally draining to carry that thought daily.  (Helpful hint: don't ever tell a dying person to not think about dying, it's not possible)

It is difficult to learn to live while dying, but I think I'm figuring it out and I want to take you along for the ride.

The unveiling of my project will be soon.  Until that time....

Tune in...same bat time, same bat channel!


~AmyLou

No comments:

Post a Comment