Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Acts 20:24



What am I suppose to be doing?  This is a question I ask myself almost daily.  When my life was a struggle to balance the corporate world and being a mom, I never seemed to have time to even ask the question.  

This is not a question of what to do with my empty time.  It is a question of what to do with God's time.  Am I fulfilling the purpose - God's purpose for my life.  I refuse to believe that my purpose is to make it through the rest of my days as best I can.

"However, I consider my life nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."  Acts 20:24 NIV

or

"What matters most to me is to finish what God started."  Acts 20:24 MSG

Same verse, different version.  I like the eloquence of the NIV translation, but I can remember the MSG translation.

I want to live an Acts 20:24 life.  That is what matters most to me.  Whatever work God has started in me, I want to finish.  It's a 'no regrets' life.  When I am taking my last earthly breaths I want to know that I lived for God, shared His love with others, praised him with full abandon and worshiped him with every fiber of my being.

This is my view on the days I can't get out of bed. Just wanted to share. 


 "Give me a revelation, show me what to do, cause I've been tryin to find my way I haven't got a clue, tell me should I stay here or do I need to move... give me a revelation, I've got nothing without you."

 "Give Me a Revelation"
   lyrics by Third Day



Hey!  You can now follow me on Twitter:  irfreed



~AmyLou












2 comments: